Announcing new options for the Azure-based email signature web portal and 'classic' end of support. The 'classic' version got the end of support by 1 Jan 2019. It's time to upgrade. The Azure-based web portal is ready for Office 365, Exchange on-premises and G Suite environments. It’s incredible how much and how rapidly technology evolves. We want to thank our 'classic' customers, and we will make sure we support our customers in getting ready for the future and taking maximum advantage of today’s technologies.
You will get a smooth transition from 'classic' to the Azure-based web portal.
- For instance, it's possible to run the Azure-based web portal and 'classic' concurrently as you onboard pilot users and prepare for launch.
- A Quick Video Walk-through.
- Explore the Azure-based web portal.
We launched the web portal in 2013. Before 2013, we did everything with IT on-premises.
We wanted to find a way to allow IT to hand off administration to marketing/communications dept. (No workload in IT).
We did this by creating a browser-based user-friendly web portal with role-based login capability.
Now, IT is only involved during the initial setup (45 min.).
Marketing/communications dept. are now self-managed, and if they need help, we assist directly (chat and online training) without any workload in IT.
eMailSignature is re-branded as Xink (as we as company re-branded back in 2014)
You no longer have to maintain everything on-premises. Many clients have no installation on servers when upgrading to the latest Azure-based web portal.
- The Azure-based web portal (Microsoft Azure Cloud) replaces the 'classic' management console.
- Your SQL database continues if you want to manage OWA/Mobile email signature with Exchange Server on-premises.
- Sign.exe is replaced by the Xink client (or the add-in) which updates Outlook (Win/Mac) and Apple Mail (Mac) during office hours (not only during domain login). Alternatively, you can also apply the signature at the server with Office 365 environment.
- Your company login replace your license key (you can assign a login to the responsible department using role-based access control).
The upgrade is included with current maintenance/support agreement
- You are also licensed to get OWA/Mobile email signature updated with both Exchange Server on-premises and with Exchange online (Office 365).
- A quick comparison between 'classic' and the Azure-based web portal.
1. How to request your login
- Keep 'classic' running (it can run together with the Azure-based web portal as you add pilot users).
- Schedule intro meeting or submit a support ticket and request your Xink login.
2. How to upload or copy/paste templates
- We recommend uploading signatures as it will automatically upgrade your HTML and include your images - Learn how.
- Alternatively, open the Azure-based web portal and copy templates (copy from HTML source).
Login to Xink > Signatures menu, click signature, click Source button and paste HTML source.
- Now insert fields from the drop-down (you can rename the standard fields if you prefer).
3. How to add employees
4. How to assign email signatures
- How to assign email signatures to everyone, groups, and individuals.
If your PAs are sending on behalf of the partners/managers:
- How to share other users' default signatures.
5. How to update Outlook (desktop)
6. How to update mobile devices
- With Office 365.
- With Exchange Server on-premises (if already set up in 'classic,' you reuse your SQL database).
7. How to update Outlook on the web (OWA)
8. How to stop 'classic' updates
- Stop executing Sign.exe during domain login (typically found in NETLOGON share).
- When you move to Office 365, you can also uninstall eMailSignature (found in add/remove programs) and delete the SQL database (default DB name is eMailSignature).
FAQs when upgrading
Build a single, consistent experience for all our customers.
Make sure you don't miss out on any new features and enhancements.
We need to build and deliver a faster, bug-free, scalable web portal.
With current 'classic' software maintenance and support agreement, upgrading to the Azure-based email signature web portal is included.
After the end of the support period, there will be no support available for your 'classic' environment.
Only the data used in your email signature template(s) are required. E.g., name, title, telephone, etc.
Yes, submit a support ticket here on the help desk or book a quick intro here. Then we'll submit an upgrade quote.
Contact us, and we'll add additional users to your account login. You can move to a monthly subscription if you prefer (require credit card payment) - or stay with a yearly subscription, and then we pro-rate additional users.