Please follow the steps below if you are getting this error message on your new Apple device running on Apple silicon M1 chip.
Symptom: Xink App is unable to update Outlook's signature due to this error.
Solution: Run Outlook in Rosetta.
How to run Outlook in Rosetta
- Quit out of all Office apps.
- Go to Finder > Applications folder (Outlook)
- Select the MS Outlook app you want to open, then go to File > Get Info in the menu bar or press Command+I on your keyboard.
- Check the box for Open using Rosetta.
- Launch the Office app and it will now run in Rosetta, allowing you to use features that aren't yet available with the Apple silicon processor.
Note: If rosetta is not installed on your new Mac then you might have to install it first to see the option to 'open using Rosetta '