Email signature marketing is still the most successful way to catch the attention of your customers and potential customers.
Of course, all successful marketing must be measured, which is where Xink Campaign analytics comes in.
What email signature marketing insights will you get on the Dashboard?
- Active Campaigns show the number of campaigns that are currently running.
- Click Throughs (CT) shows how many times the campaign has been clicked on, sending traffic to your website or other resources.
- Views show how many times the campaign has been viewed. (Forwards and Replies are also tracked.)
- Click Through Rate (CTR) is the number of clicks divided by the volume (Opens).
5% CTR is excellent. Below 1% CTR, you should consider improving your campaign and your Call To Action, maybe add a button to your banner with clear CTA.
Email signature Updates
- Employees show the full number of employees in your Account.
- Active Employees are the number of employees, who updated their signatures even once via the app.
- Signatures show the full number of signatures in your Account.
- Last day's update is the number of all employees' signatures which were updated during this day (starting from the midnight till UTC) in all environments/email clients.
Gain insights into your customers
Learn what email clients your customers are using and where they are reading your email.
This gives you insights not only for optimizing your Xink Campaign but your emails in general for how best to reach your customers.
- If only 20% read emails on their phones, you might choose not to compromise and design for desktop.
- If 50% read emails on their phones, you should make your campaign mobile-friendly (320px width).
Note that to keep the statistics is possible only from the emails which contain a signature with campaigns.
Below the graph (still in the Dashboard menu), you see your top-performing email campaigns and your top-performing employee email senders at a glance.
Top-performing email campaigns are the most clickable campaigns.
Top-performing employee email senders are the employees who got the greatest number of clicks on the campaigns in their emails.
Exclude internal traffic from campaign analytics
Of course your company sends emails internally. Filter by IP addresses to exclude internal emails so your results are purely those of your target audience.
Preferences > General > IP Exclusion.