This guide will walk you through the steps of how to integrate your Xink account with your Azure AD in order to export all users (or only the users you specify) to Xink.
Once set up, it automatically removes users from the Xink portal when the user is no longer exists in Azure AD.
Which default fields are imported from Azure AD to Xink?
The following default fields are imported into Xink once you've integrated them with Azure AD.
Each of these properties is put into the corresponding default fields in Xink:
- givenName (First Name)
- sn (Last Name)
- displayName (Display Name)
- mail (Email)
- telephoneNumber (Phone)
- title (Job Title)
- department (Department)
- mobile (Mobile)
- facsimileTelephoneNumber (Fax)
- company (Company)
- streetAddress (Street)
- l (City)
- st (State)
- postalCode (Zip)
- co (Country)
- jpegPhoto (Photo)
After you integrate to Azure AD, employees will show:
- It automatically updates every two hours.
- You can also trigger the sync by clicking "Schedule Update" on your dashboard (will only show if you have set up O365 signatures).
- It updates account information such as name, numbers, and titles add new users and remove old users (if you have checked 'Delete Employees').
Link Azure AD Account:
Azure AD users will be imported to the Xink portal automatically when you integrate Xink with your Azure AD account.
1. Simply enable Azure AD user Synchronization under Preferences > Integration > Azure AD. Then click on Link Azure AD Account.
5. Click on Check Connectivity to confirm that the connection is working.
It's recommended to check Delete Employees for Xink to automatically remove users that no longer exist in your Azure AD, so you constantly have an accurate number of total licenses and users.
Check Look at ProxyAddresses array for Email and if user's Email field is empty, export service can try to use the first element of this array.
Check Look at Other (Alternative) array for Email and if user's Email field is still empty, export service can try to use the first element of this array.
Try to use User Principal Name as Email is unchecked by default in Xink. If the user's Email field is still empty, export service can try to use User Principal Name as Email once you check this item, but it is not recommended.
Check Use import filter and fill out the criteria below if you want to set up certain import criteria.
If it all works, hit Save and your Xink + Azure AD integration good to go!
IT Pro: How to read groups from Active Directory (AD on-premises and Azure AD).