Reusing an existing email signature is a great way to get going, and of course, you can always modify it later on.
This option is available for any email client.
You might want to Add Employees after doing this step, so you can make sure everything looks good for everyone, not just for you.
How to add an existing email signature
You can upload an existing email signature from any email client.
- Log into your Xink account and go to the Signatures section in the top main menu.
- Click the '+' button > 'Add an existing signature from Outlook or Gmail.'
- A popup dialogue box will open up. Click the 'Add' button.
If your Mail To window doesn't open, go here.
- A New Email will open in a new tab or window (depending on how your email is set up).
In the subject line, you'll see a long number that you shouldn't change.
Don't change or add anything. Your email signature should automatically populate.
Hit 'Send' and your email signature should now be automatically added to Xink under the 'Signatures' tab.
- Your email signature is now added to your Xink account.
Feel free now to change the name of your signature to something human-read.
- Now you can create your company template by editing your signature.
Replace your personal static details with dynamic fields by selecting the text and replacing it with the appropriate field from the Fields drop-down list on the toolbar (ie: click 'DisplayName' so ((DisplayName)) replaces Your Name).
If you gonna use this signature for plain text emails, click on the tab 'Plain text signature' and create a simple text signature with dynamic fields in this section.
If your template incl. email, remember to add the field to the email link:
- And check that it looks good by clicking the 'Preview' tab (also check someone else, not only your email.)
Does everything look good? Then you're good to go!
Next step is to make it the Default Signature for some or all users
Here you have two quick options:
- When still inside the signature, you can click Default, then Save.
- If you are in your Signatures menu, you can simply select your favorite Signature > Click on your Gear preferences menu > 'Set as Default':