When you look to merge user data into signature fields, you may find that an option is missing in the fields drop-down.
This article outlines how to add a custom field
This becomes a part of your permanent settings, so you have to leave the current window where you're editing (Click Save first!)
- Go to Preferences menu (click the big gear wheel in the top menu) > Fields, click '+' button. You'll be presented with the following four blanks:
- This is the name of your field.
- This is an optional explanation you can add. It's recommended to copy the name of the field.
- Property Name
- If you are importing users from Active Directory (on prem or Azure), add the correlating AD Property Name here. Otherwise, leave the AD box blank.
- Field Type
- You have four Field Types to chose from - Keep default or click here and learn how to use field types:
- String (default): The Text you want to include
- Image: Particularly useful if you want to include headshots.
- List: If you want to include a list of options the employee can choose from, like adding their LinkedIn profile.
Check: To allow employees to manually check if whether or not they are something like "Certified."
- Remember to click Save twice to both save the new custom field and then, again click Save to update your Preferences.
IT: How do you locate your AD Property Names?
You find the the Property Name in Active Directory Users and Computers Tool.
This is a task for your IT Xink administrator.
If you don't have access to AD, you can lookup AD Property Name here:
User Attributes - Inside Active Directory:
Copy from column 'Attr LDAP Name'