This solution is designed to simplify large (and Citrix/RDS) scale deployments.
Active Directory administrators can use it instead of direct installing client application and inviting each employee.
The idea behind is very simple: we provide per-machine installer (MSI-file) and policy template (ADM-file) with application configuration. The domain administrator can deploy both centrally.
This is perfect when:
- You want to deploy the Xink App unattended to all Outlook users.
- You don't want Outlook (desktop) users to have any kind of interaction.
- You don't want to deal with invitation emails and rely on users having to enter access code.
- You want to deploy across medium or larger teams.
This process works with:
- Outlook (Win)
- Outlook (Citrix/RDS) - Outlook published application (Citrix) is not supported.
- Active Directory as data source (AD on-prem)
This process consists of only two steps:
- Download the package (msi)
- Get your .ADM file.
Do not just download the package and deploy it without your .ADM file. You need the .ADM file also.
FAQ - Switching from old authentication to oAuth2 (Aug 2016).
You need to uninstall any manually installed Xink client apps before installing any msi packages via GPO, Citrix etc. These packages do not work together.
Download the package and collect your ADM-file
First step is to create domain authentication token.
Click “Add” button. One token is enough in most cases for the whole Xink account. The token is not user-specific.
Then click “Get .ADM” link to download policy template with the token embedded.
The policy contains only one setting – “Use AD Auth” – enable it and distribute to target computers along with Xink Client MSI file.
IT: How to import Xink GPO Template (.ADM file) - Test OK using Gpupdate /force.
How to test deployment OKYou deploy the MSI package (and the ADM-file) via GPO .
If you use other deployment tools, you open ADM-file in notepad and copy and deploy HKLM registry content.
- Login to your Citrix/RDS session as a user.
- Open the Xink client in the systray (lower right hand corner):
- You test OK by clicking ‘Update Now’ – When you see two messages your installation is OK:
Updating email signatures
Email signatures updated
If you only see 1st message, your ADM-file setting (or the HKLM registry content if you use other deployment method) is missing on the client.
If for some reason your token is compromised it is possible to revoke it.
On the same “Domain Token Manager” page click “Revoke” button for a token.
This operation cannot be undone. Once revoked, the token will no longer be valid for authentication.
A new token would be required to renew access.