You can use the New-ManagementRoleAssignment Exchange Management Shell cmdlet to assign the ApplicationImpersonation role to users in the organization.
To configure impersonation in Exchange Online this way, you need to be able to run a Windows PowerShell script against your Exchange Online environment.
How to configure role group which has the roles ApplicationImpersonation and View-Only Recipients assigned:
- Start a new PowerShell and connect it to your 365 platform. Please refer to this Microsoft document (click here) for guide on connecting to your Exchange Online (Office 365) through PowerShell.
- Create a new role group like this:
New-RoleGroup -Name "Seattle Limited Recipient Management" -Roles "ApplicationImpersonation", "View-Only Recipients" –Members [Account names to be a member of this group]
- Verify the role group configuration:
Get-RoleGroup "Seattle Limited Recipient Management" | fl
- Now verify the members of the group:
Get-RoleGroupMember "Seattle Limited Recipient Management"
- Now enter the Office 365 admin credentials into the login box in your Xink administration interface.
Find 'Preferences' in the top right corner of the screen:
- Click 'Integration' and choose 'Office 365' in the left menu.
When the check mark is selected the signature will update to your Office 365 account every 10 minutes.
- Please check your account details are OK by clicking the ‘Check connectivity’ button.
If you are unable to connect, then try Remote Connectivity Analyzer (Microsoft)