- You want to add extra flexibility and allow end users to update certain information which are not updated centrally.
- You can give limited creative freedom to your employees to allow them to decide, for example, whether or not to include their LinkedIn profiles, their headshots or their own sign off.
- You are reading employee data from Active Directory, but not all data required in the email signature are updated and there is no need to update centrally.
How to make allow certain information to be updated by the employees
Click on the Gear in the upper right side of your Xink Account > Preferences > Fields.
- Click the small gear wheel, select 'Edit'.
- Wipe the content in 'Property name' (so that user data is not overwritten by data sources).
- Check 'Editable by the employee'.
Click Save for that particular field and then make sure to hit Save again to save all changes made to your Preferences when finished.
How do employees update?
First, you need to make the employee aware of this new option.
- Open the Xink application on their computer.
- Go to 'My Contact Details' (currently only available for Windows - Not for Mac)
- Update information.
In the example below, the employee updates his personal LinkedIn profile link and include his head-shot photo: